The legal profession is subject to one of the largest gender pay gaps of any industry, reporting a median gap of 25.4%*. From our research we found two-thirds (66.4%) of women in law strongly agree that the gender pay gap is an urgent issue for women’s equality in the profession, yet 83% don’t think that they will see true pay equality in their lifetime.
Next 100 Years and Gapsquare, pay analytics specialists, are working in partnership to research and co-author a paper on the gender pay gap that exists across the legal profession.
Join Dana Denis-Smith, founder of Next 100 Years, and Dr. Zara Nanu MBE, CEO of Gapsquare, for the key findings from their research into the pay gap in the legal profession. Highlighting the drivers underpinning the gap and the risks of leaving it unchecked.
Hear from leading experts in the legal profession as they provide key insights into the barriers to pay equality, share recommendations to help close the pay gap, and reflect on the impact of leaving it unchecked. Expert panellists include:
- Christina Blacklaws, Former president of The Law Society of England and Wales
- Liz Turner, in-house Legal Director, committee member of The Law Society Women Lawyer’s Division and subgroup focused on the Women in Law Pledge and the Gender Pay Gap
- Oliver Jackling, Research and Evaluation Manager at The Bar Standards Board
- Bola Gibson, Head of inclusion and corporate responsibility at Osborne Clarke
- Dana Denis-Smith, CEO of Obelisk Support and founder of First/Next 100 Years
- Dr Zara Nanu MBE, founder and CEO of Gapsquare.
A full copy of the research paper will be available to you following the launch event.
This one-hour event includes a Q&A session. Please RSVP to submit your question to the panel in advance.
We look forward to welcoming you at the live event.
* Gapsquare analysis of company-reported gender pay gap figures, 2022